The Glenfinnan Station Museum have just published a new book about the construction of the ‘Mallaig Extension’ – the line from Fort Willam to Mallaig which opened in 1901, some seven years after the line to Fort William opened. Generously illustrated with more than a hundred recently-discovered photographs from 1900, this A4 landscape book, containing 123 high quality black & white photographs, gives new insights into the people who built the Mallaig Railway and how they went about building it. But it is also a detective story. For who took these pictures, and why? The book can be purchased direct from the Glenfinnan Station Museum, click here for details and how to order.