Connel (A'Chonghail) is a substantial village on the Oban line. It lies on Loch Etive beside the impressive Falls of Lora, which is a strong tidal cascade where Loch Etive joins the Firth of Lorn.
There are hotels, guesthouses, bed and breakfasts, village shops and restaurants.
The station (picture above) is named Connel Ferry, though the ferry was replaced by a large cantilever bridge across Loch Etive in 1903 when the branch line from Connel to Ballachulish was opened by the Caledonian Railway. The branch closed in 1966 but the bridge is still used by road traffic. See picture below.