Tulloch (An Tulach) is a wayside station near the end of Loch Treig, which is the source of hydro power for the Fort William aluminium smelter.
The station building has been adapted for use as a bunkhouse.
Tulloch Station in summer. Scotrail, Glasgow Queen Street train from Mallaig and Fort William. 4 coach Class 156 DMU bearing earlier livery (of previous franchise operator, National Express Group)
As the sun sets on 11th May 2009, a Class 67 Diesel heads the London bound ScotRail, 'Caledonian' Sleeper high above the head of Loch Treig on the long climb from Tulloch Station to the Corrour summit.
Loch Treig was made into a reservoir in 1929 and the water piped 15 miles through the mountains to the aluminium smelter at Fort William. The dam is located at Fersit near Tulloch station. In 1932 the line was raised at the Fersit end to accommodate the rising level of the water. This also required the building of a short tunnel which is an unusual feature of the Glasgow to Fort William section of the line.
There is a rough estate track to Corrour but the area is devoid of public roads and this section of wild country is only seen by hill walkers and travellers on the West Highland Line. Hemmed in on both sides by high mountains it is an impressive place.